Remember the time when we were kids, and the only entertainment source was TV – yeah, that’s how the 90s looked!
Despite the evolution of mankind, the only thing that couldn’t support evolution was “The Indian Daily Soaps.” Let me tell you why? Indians and the internet have just met in the 90s, and mobile phones were still alien to many of us. Having a mobile phone back in those days was no less than a ‘status.’ During that time, we all were still in the process of figuring out what to watch on television. So anything that came up on TV, we Indians always gave it a chance.
Then there came Ekta Kapoor or, as I would like to call it, a plethora of television shows. It was she who set the benchmark of Indian television and took it to a whole new direction – somewhere we don’t go these days, at least I don’t.
While she was busy killing the creativity, we have her nemesis, and it’s none other than the recent release on Disney+ Hotsar – Laxmii. Starring Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advani in the lead role, this movie is an epitome of degraded comedy and worst scriptwriting.
Is Laxmii a movie of 2020 or a 90s material?
Although Laxmii was released in 2020, the entire material, including the VFX work, made the 90s jealous. This movie is such a headache that you will switch to ALTBalaji’s content to cure it.
Oh, wait! They are doing fine even in this pandemic time – engaging a lot more audience than the Laxmii movie. Okay, okay!! I know that I must talk about the movie and not how screed up content Indian television holds, but that is the point; the movie has no meat.
What makes Laxmii movie unworthy of watching?
Now that’s a topic where I have a lot to tell!
- Killing the script right in the first scene, Laxmii is a movie that lacks presentation. And that is why the first half of the movie is as dull as the word itself!
- Next are the songs! Okay, I know that we Indians love songs a lot but don’t think that must at least be a reason to shake a leg. The songs in the movie are so ill-placed that you will instantly hate them.
- While you will struggle with the storyline and songs, the movies’ dialogues are so silly that you will skip laughing for the rest of the film. So, watch out for the dialogues you can’t because they are placed in the whole movie like booby traps.
- In 2020, where technological advancements are drifting towards a new age, the team of Laxmii couldn’t pull of simple tricks like fire. Also, what is with that three faces of Akshat Kumar – literally doesn’t make sense. Yeah, not even tickles us for any laugh.
Was there anything good in the movie?
Since this is a Laxmii review, therefore, we cannot skip the good parts. And like an unbiased critic, I will lay down all the good points of this Bollywood movie. Can you believe it, Laxmii movie having a good thing!
- The acting by Akshay Kumar was outstanding. Come on, cut the man a few slacks – At his age, most of us will be lying down in our beds and trying the whack the hell out of our family members while he is flying around in saree and nailing every step with perfection.
- Now, my favorite part – The moment Laxmii movie had Sharad Kelkar playing the part, I was all over the screen and in awe of his acting. The man roared like a lion and did everything he could to play the character. Hats off to Mr. Kelkar.
Should You watch Laxmii?
Laxmii movie had chosen an excellent topic to talk about, but instead of giving the right message through a meaningful yet silly comedy, the film headed towards a pit hole. So, I would strongly suggest you not to watch this movie because after watching it, even Baaghi 3 made sense!
Before you go, check out our tweet just after watching the movie
#LaxmiiReview: Served cold on a platter of hot topic, #Laxmii is an unworthy watch. Degraded comedy & illogical storyline recreates an unbearable amalgam of 90s horror-comedy. This bomb by @DisneyPlusHS starring @akshaykumar @advani_kiara defuses at ⭐️ #AkshayKumar #KiaraAdvani pic.twitter.com/bNGctp5cJk
— FilmeeKeeda.com (@FilmeeBoy) November 9, 2020
Look at that, finally appreciating Tiger for something! Haahahahaaaa….