Extraction Movie Review
Released on April 24, 2020, Extraction has turned out to be a yet another masterstroke from Sam Hargrave. The screenplay of the movie was given by Joe Russo, one of the visionary makers who gave the world Avengers and many other best movies. Starring Chris Hemsworth and Randeep Hooda in a pivotal role, the movie is all about extraction the child of India’s biggest drug lord from the hands of Bangladesh’s biggest drug mafia.
Available on Netflix now, this stands at some high as well as a few low notes. Read this Extraction Movie Review to find out why it couldn’t reach the 4-star mark, however, successfully bagged 3.5 stars from us.
Extraction Movie Review – The Plot
The movie commences with the child getting kidnapped in the first ten minutes and this clarifies that the plotline won’t go chasing any illogical ends. Further, the introduction of the characters in the movie was quick and perfect. Unlike Bollywood or South Indian movies, there is no hardcore entry of the lead actor or any ‘not-believable’ stunts. Without giving any spoilers, the story is credible and it will hold you till the end.
Extraction Movie Review – The Acting
Action movies are more about the action and stunt sequences but Extraction has given the actors a proper time to show their acting skills. Somewhere during the half time, Tyler, played by Chris, interacts with the boy, played by Rudhraksh Jaiswal. This is where the trust and real connection established between them. Now that proves that it is a Russo screenplay. Further, The Bangladeshi Mafia looked legit and that boy from Bangladesh was awesome – watch out for that kid too – you will be surprised to know why!
Extraction Movie Review – The Action
Now, this is the part where Extraction, the latest Netflix movie, excels and performs beyond imagination. Each move is so real that you will enjoy everything. Chris Hemsworth looks amazing as usual, however, Randeep has been given a new look for this movie – I am guessing to suit the role he plays. Rest looks good but I think a few actions scenes or sequences like we saw in MCU would have changed the game a bit more. It’s like having an obvious expectation since it was the might god of light and thunder aka Thor.
Extraction Movie Review – Our Verdict At The End (On Twitter)
#ExtractionNetflix #EXTRACTIONmovie #ExtractionReview #ExatractionMovieReview – Action-packed ride enveloped in a powerful acting of @chrishemsworth @TripathiiPankaj @RandeepHooda
⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2 & a must-watch on @NetflixIndia like right now! #ChrisHemsworth #RandeepHooda #Netflix pic.twitter.com/S38mhVWCgD
— Filmee Keeda (@FilmeeBoy) April 24, 2020
Extraction Movie Review – Negative Points
This answers the question we asked earlier – why 3.5 stars and not more than that.
– The story is somewhere a tad-bit plain and simple. Eventually, you will figure out what the end is going to be by half time.
– Although Extraction is a well-established Netflix film if not for the action, the whole is just plain and simple.
– Further, Pankaj Tripathi’s role is very less. Also, the story doesn’t show that what Pankaj’s character is doing while his son is being extracted. I mean, I understand it wasn’t that necessary but if only there were a few scenes involving Pankaj’s character, the movie would have built a close connection with the Indian audience.
– It’s also unclear why Randeep’s family is in trouble. I guess, there could have been a little flashback but then again nobody asked that in the movie.
Extraction Movie Review – Should You Watch It?
For two reasons, you must watch this movie –
– For Chris and Randeep
– For the weapons, actions and the rawness, it holds.
Looks like there is more than one reason for you to watch this movie. Like our Extraction Movie Review? Tell us in the comment section. If there’s anything you would like to point out, do tell us.